States and municipalities across the country have been putting in place safety and preventative measures to curb the spread of coronavirus.
Our team at Olympus Building Services for higher education institutions. has added new procedures to combat the war against the pandemic.
We are at the frontline of fighting the spread of the virus in colleges and universities by ramping up our sanitation, disinfection, and professional cleaning services.
We are fully committed to safeguarding students, staff, and visitors of higher education institutions from COVID-19.
How COVID-19 Spreads in Institutions of Higher Learning
Colleges and universities are highly populated areas with a higher potential for spreading the virus through contact and respiratory droplet infection.
Studies show that the virus that causes COVID-19 doesn’t enter the body through the skin but the respiratory droplets containing the virus can enter your airways through the nose, mouth, eyes, and transmit the infection.
The virus spreads when you touch any surface contaminated with the virus and later touch your nose, mouth, or eyes.
Our professional cleaning teams understand that routine cleaning and disinfecting surfaces are the most effective way of maintaining a safe environment for students, faculty, and staff in institutions of higher learning.
Maintaining Clean and Virus-Free Surfaces
Proper cleaning and disinfecting remove dirt, germs, and viruses that spread COVID-19 and other infectious diseases.
To keep surfaces clean and free from the virus, our cleaning teams target potential hotspots including the following:
- Public counters and chair rails
- Cabinets, handles, and desks
- Light switches
- Staircases and rails
- Every push and pull surface
- Walls and floors
- Desktop surfaces
Quick and Professional Response to COVID-19 Exposure Locations
At Olympus Building Services, we have a professional approach when responding to a request to decontaminate spaces that have been confirmed as COVID-19 exposed locations.
We have established protocols to include the following:
- Confirming that the space was last occupied by the affected person or people in the previous 24 hours.
- Ensure that our decontamination teams are equipped with the required PPE for their safety. Every member is safely adorned in gloves, eye protection, face covering, and disposable gown.
- Cleaning the contaminated spaces thoroughly using standard cleaning solutions and procedures.
- Thoroughly disinfecting the space including all open and accessible surfaces with the right disinfectant to avoid further spread of the virus. We leave the chemical solution to remain on the surface for the recommended amount of time from the manufacturer before wiping it off using a microfiber towel.
- For the final disinfection, we use a Protexus Electrostatic sprayer and diluted PurTabs.
Feel free to contact us today to learn more about our COVID-19 cleaning and disinfection services for higher education facilities.
Contact us with any questions or to request a new bid for our services.